- He talks about Software Health and introducing good practises.
- Developer Testing only affects you doesn't rely on anybody else.
- Accountabilty and promtes good design. I.e you think about the tests - if you've not thought of all scenarios they will be missing with in the tests.
- Documentation :test can provide an element of documentation to code.
- Adding tests can be easy and provide immediate feedback.
- Responsibilty of dev testing is on you...
- Constancy of purpose to 'stick with it'
- as bug fixing legacy code perhaps write some tests.
Friday, March 11, 2005
I've just stumbled over an excellent talk by Kent Beck on Developer Testing. Kent says some pretty interesting things.
at 2:00 pm